Monday, April 2, 2012

Kate Palmer Craft Room Cleanse

Well, April 1st came and went and I didn't get up a post about my craft room cleanse. I will have to take some pics tomorrow for the current state of my room. I do have a good excuse, though... I was in a stamp class! We were learning all about Pigment inks.

I am lucky, I do have a room to myself, although it may be temporarily, as we never know when our son may want to return to living at home. So far... I'm good to go.

A short description of my room:

I have two windows, but one is covered by a bookcase. 
One tall cabinet, two sets of 30" wide drawers, plus a collection of cubes that I inherited from Dad. 
One chest of drawers.
One old kitchen table and one folding table that is up on risers.
One Filing cabinet.
A TV that is on top of the chest of drawers.
A microwave cart with my large format printer, a printer cart with my laser printer.
Another filing cabinet, and plastic drawers and another Elfa cart under both tables.
Plastic boxes on the floor!

I'll post some pics tomorrow.

What I am hoping to accomplish:

I don't think I can re-arrange the furniture... all the floor space against the walls is used... basically you will see that there is as little wall space left as there is floor space. So...
I will mainly have to go through my accumulation and cull out what I may never use or didn't like using and stuffed it away.

I did notice I have two empty drawers that I must have cleaned out and forgot to use that space. I do not have access to using the closet or the cupboards above it, but I am hoping I can take over those cupboards for things I would like to store long term, or specialized things that I don't need to get to very often.

The reason I can't use the closet space? Our son still has a lot of his clothes and a collection of hiking backpacks in there. 

Mainly, if I can find a way to keep the floor space clear of my collection of plastic storage boxes, that would be a dream come true. I have to move them all just to get into my cabinet and that always ends up just getting me sidetracked.

Also my 12X12 paper organization if a shambles. It's everywhere, and really, I use 8.5"x11" paper more often. 

I would also like to put a pegboard system up somewhere near my desk so that I can hang tools that I use most often and keep them easily accessible. 

Tomorrow's a new day

That's all I can say... I'll be happy if I can manage to get some pics taken and posted. In the US, we have our income tax deadline looming and I was waylaid by a nasty, bad cold, which keeps threatening to return. That deadline is currently more important than boxes on the floor. But if I get one box cleared off the floor each day, I will consider that a monumental achievement!

See ya tomorrow,
Cathy


1 comment:

  1. Hi Cathy - yep that's good excuse :O) I can't wait to see your pics, don't forget you don't have to do everything at once, maybe start with just 1 box as your goal.
    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete