Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Boy, Time sure Flies!

Maybe senility has set in, as I turned 60 this last November... seems like I tell myself to post something to the blog and then all of a sudden, it's been several MONTHS!

The good news is that my back problems are gone for now and I've been slowly trying to organize things and get a new workflow going after re-arranging the craft room. The bad news is that I literally created a cave with the new arrangement, so it may be back to packing everything up again and moving furniture around.

The Gelli pad is still waiting to get broken in, and my new electronic cutter machine, the fabulous Silver Bullet has not gone through a complete work-out, but at least I've been using it a little. Also, have been playing with the eBosser, which I really like. I like using my embossing folders with it, then, just to make sure the Vagabond doesn't get too jealous, I cut a slew of paper with my movers and shapers and steel rule dies.

Of all the new gadgets I need to post about and review, my favorite is a drawing board that has little feet to raise the back end up. My Physical Therapist wouldn't let me craft much when I was being treated, but she was happy, happy, happy when I got the drawing board. Now my neck is not bent when I'm working because of the nice incline I work on. It's portable, so I always have the option of taking it off my worktable, but it's also sturdy enough to lay my Vagabond on, when I fold up the legs of the board.

I have been busy, just haven't posted what I've been working on. I will note that Norm of Hanko Designs (www.hankodesigns.com) was happy to learn I DO NOT hoard my washi paper. I do hoard my washi tape for some reason, but I love using washi paper.

One extra note before I sign off...I had the pleasure of attending a class with Els from Elizabeth Crafts and we got to play with her new branded line of glitter and her new dies. She also has sueded paper that is adhesive back and the dies cut through it wonderfully. Looking forward to trying the paper in my Silver Bullet. We learned some tricks to use when using the double sided adhesive and glitter and just had a fun time.

So.. stay tuned... there is a new product that I haven't mentioned yet and I know you are going to be dazzled by it! I just need to finish something to illustrate the wonder of it :)

Til then, happy stamping and inky fingers!

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment